This is just a list of manga I have read and are very rare comments about them. IF I say "not finished yet" can mean either I havenīt finished reading them, or I have finished them and the last volume is the one said. Also, nearly all of them, aren't for children under 13 years old.
- .hack// AI Buster first novel by Tatsuya Hamazaki and Rei Izumi. Well, a little unusual to read manga as a novel. But it is ok. If you are interested in so called "manga-novels", I think you must now what they talking in the book. For instance, .hack-novels (Observe, those .hack-books which says novel in the header of the book) are all written for gaming in the world of internet.
If you havenīt played any game before (PC-game, PS2-game, game on internet) I think you will have it hard to follow the lines. Many so called "gamerstalk".
The book itself..sleepy start and a bit confusing...but then the story sped up a bit and got quite exciting. Even though I have bought the second novel, Iīm so-so to recommend this manga-novel.
- .hack// AI Buster second novel by Tatsuya Hamazaki and Rei Izumi. More confusing than the first novel and once again, you have to be familiar with the world of games in general, otherwise you definitely are lost and have no meaning of reading this. Some good sentences in the novel. To be used in the reality as well.
- 20th century boys by Naoki Urasawa (who created the outstanding manga Moster): how can child plays turn into katastrof in the world? Poeple got crazy when they addicted to a relies sect. The boys canīt understand how their childplay could be so dangerous later on. I have read up to 9 volume. I guess the series end on 20. Then it continues with 21 century boys...
- Afterschool Charisma by Kumiko Suekane: Lifetime in School. Sci-Fi. A little like Matrix. Good so far. Read vol.1.
- Ai Yoshi Yori by Kou Fumizuki: Comedy. Amusing. Will start reading vol.16. Finished.
- Alice the 19th by Yuu Watase: Comedy. Quite good. Finished.
- Azumanga Daioh by Kiyohiko Azuma. Comedy. Quite slow but very amusing. Finished.
- Banner of Flags or Crest of the Stars by Aya Yoshinaga: Sci-fi, a little related to Star Wars. Quite good, sometimes too many details and difficult UFO-words. Finised.
- Battle Angel Alita by Yukito Kishiro: Highly recommended to robots and sci-fi freaks. Finished.
- Cannon God Exxaxion by Kenichi Sonoda: Highlevel sci-fi and some nudity. Together with Gunsmiths Cats and Shadow Star, my favorite! Is not finished yet, read up to vol5.
- Cheeky Angel by Hiroyuki Nishimori: Comedy with fantasy. Will start with vol.13. Isn't finished yet.
- Doll by Mitsukazu Mihara: VERY weird sci-fi, human robots. Lots of nudity in a strange way. It isn't DOLLS. Dolls is a totally different manga. Finished.
- ES - Eternal Sabbath, by Fuyumi Soryo: So far, very good psychological sci-fi.Read up to vol.8. It seems to be the last volume, as I read the last page from the 8th book. But still, it feels the E.S is not finished.
- Genshiken by Kio Shimoku: Manga for Otakus, amuzing and some nudity. Finished. Can recommend animeérna. Two boxes.
- Genshiken - Return of the otaku! by Kio Shimoku and Lida Kazutoshi: Written in novelform. Not a manga as mangadrawings and text. Sometimes funny, sometimes boring. However, interesting getting to know characters of manga in this form as well. But I like the original manga-look best.
- Ghost in the Shell by Masamune Shirow: Mecha, sci-fi on high level. Good, but tricky to follow. Recommended. The second one, didn't take my notice at all.
- Ghost in the Shell 1.5 by Masamune Shirow: Mecha, sci-fi on high level. So-so. Too plotty and too many writerīs notice. Story is really hard to follow.
- Gunsmith Cats by Kosuke Fujishima: Full of action and nudity. Love it!. Finished.
- Gunsmith Cats - Burst by Kosuke Fujishima. Crazy car-competitions on road. A policeman is involved since he desperately wants to catch the "Roadbuster". Finnished.
- IGWP - Ikebukuro West Gate Park by Ira Ishida: Detective,lots of nudity. Good, but quite weired. Iīm not totally sure it is finished. So far I have read 4 volumes.
- Imadoki by Yuu Watase: Comedy. Quite good. Finished.
- Keroro Gunso, or Sgt Frog by Mine Yoshizaki: Very weird scif-i about UFO-frogs, trying to invade Earth. Not finished yet, read up to vol13.
- Kindaichi Case Files by Kanari Yozaburo: Detective series in a little old fashion way. Highly recommend it. read up to vol 17. Isnīt finished.
- Mahoromatic by Bunjuro Nakayama: Comedy, sci-fi. Amusing. Finished.
- Maniac Road by Shinsuke Kurihashi: Weird manga, but recommend it. Finished.
- Nana by Ai Yazawa: A bit weird but will be better for every volume. Manga about two girls with the same name, as a coincidence get to know each other little by little as time goes by. Havenīt read so many mangas with so many volumes. Read up to vol.21 Isnīt finished yet, but no one knows when more volumes coming, it depends of the author herself.
- Oldboy by Garon Tsuchiya and Nobuaki Minegish: Says finished after 8 volumes. Read all.Interesting theme.
- Orion, by Masamune Shirow: Mecha, sci-fi on high level. Good, but tricky to follow. Recommended. Finished.
- Othello, by Satomi Ikezawa: Psychological, very good, read up to vol 6. Isnīt finished yet?
- Parasyte by Hitosi Iwaaki: Bloody and with sci-fi. Weird. The first manga I read. Finished.
- Planetes by Makoto Yukimura: Slow sci-fi. A bit tricky to follow. Good one. Finished.
- Pluto by Urasawa and Tezuka, (The creators behind "Astroboy" which is a hit around the world). Excellent drawings. Good story. You will always be reminded of this question: "Can robots take over the world?" Read all eight volumes.
- Remote by Seimaru Amagi: Police , detective, a little sci-fi. Highly recommended. Read up to vol9. Not sure if it is finished yet.
- Shadow Star by Mohiro Kitoh: Sci-fi with Hoshimaro himself-the cute thingy I have on my startpage. A favorite! Waiting and waiting for the rest of the manga to be translated into English. Is not finished. Read up to vol.7 of 12.
- Train Man, by Hidenori Hara, based on Densha Otoko by Hitori Nakano. Vizmedia. Cute and nice story. Nice drawings. Highly recommended. Finished.
- Train + Train, by Hideyuki Kurata and Tomomasa Takuma: Quite weird sci-fi and the drawings are not really my type, but okey. Read up to vol 6. Finished.
- Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma: Comedy. Weird. Not so good as Azumanga Daioh. Read up to vol 3. Is not finished yet.
- You're Under Arrest! by Kosuke Fujishima: So-so police manga. Finished.
Page last modified 2010-09-14
© www.halgealg.se,all rights reserved 2004